Height: 27 inches
Weight: 17 lbs 6.4 ounces
Clothing size: Mostly 3-6 month and 6-9 month onesies, 6-9 month pants, and 6-9 month jammies (although that is STILL the same 0-3 month onesie)!
Eyecolor: It still just depends on the light and what she’s wearing. Grayish/hazel mostly?
Teeth: Two down in front… aaaaand as of this week, one more coming in on the top right! I can see the tiny white bumps just below the gum line.
Eating: We barely tried solid food with her this month. I’m not sure she’s actually swallowed anything, but she tasted yogurt. We tried some baby food from a jar and it made her throw up milk, so since then we haven’t really pushed anything. She sometimes gets finger food but really just plays with it. She’s “played with” French toast, cucumber, chicken, and green beans. In short, she’s really still just nursing and I’m not going to push her to eat food until she shows me she’s ready.
Favorite things: Her favorite toys are tiny brown bear, her very-hungry caterpillar, and her rattle. She still loves water bottles, dancing to music (it was Tim McGraw this morning!), tags, power cords, smartphones, and playing with other babies! She also likes my panda
almost as much as I do.
Dislikes: Baths, getting boogers sucked out of her nose.
Sleep: We are back to our regular schedule (THANKFULLY). She goes to bed between 6 and 7pm, wakes up once to eat (usually around 3 am), and goes back to sleep until anywhere between 6:30 and 7:30 am. She still takes two naps that usually add up to 4 hours during the day.
Milestones, etc.: – Rolling consistently from back to front! We actually find her asleep on her stomach quite often nowadays.
– Not crawling yet, but she does try to wiggle wherever she wants to go (which is usually just into my lap. I have become her human jungle-gym)!
– She can pull herself up if she has something to grab onto. We went ahead and lowered the crib already just in case!
– She’s discovering different parts of her body- she’ll grab at her ear when she’s tired, and stick out her lip just because she can. It’s hilarious. She also makes these cute lip-smacking noises.
– She makes the “duh” sound now when she’s trying to talk.
– She’s wary of other people now besides Michael and me. She’s a Mama/Daddy’s girl all the way, at least for now.
– We also moved her cloth diapers up another row in height. She’s so tall!
This month seems to have gone the fastest! You are so fun and absolutely CRAZY these days. You love when I speak French to you, fly you in the air like a plane, or say things in a silly way like “Hey girl, heeeeeeeey!” Your energy level is ridiculous and I think your daddy and I are really going to be in trouble once you’re truly mobile (this month’s picture was the hardest to take so far… you wiggled, rolled, and ate your fingers and toes)!
The most popular comments people make about you is how you have big, beautiful eyes and that you are so alert. I definitely agree!
You make this totally crazy face lately when you get super excited about something.
I love how easy it is for me to make you laugh. You really do light up my life, Baby Bird.
And some outtakes, just because. She sure thinks her daddy is hilarious!